Vectrex Tournament: Vector War VI (29th Oct - 5th Nov 2016) Aug 15, 2016 18:11:09 GMT -5 darrin9999, VECTREXER, and 8 more like this
Post by hcmffm on Aug 15, 2016 18:11:09 GMT -5
Vector War VI is over.
This year's winners are : coleco1981 and wazzal
1. coleco1981 and wazzal (100,00)
3. Chainsaw (96,48)
4. jbrodack (82,52)
5. VectorX (73,56)
6. darrin9999 (51,13)
7. hcmffm (48,80)
8. Lady Eklipse (44,86)
9. 50tbrd (38,86)
10. Rapetou33 (35,85)
HERO (valid till the end of the tournament)
Six years ago, Rob Maerz, well known in the Retro scene, initiated the Vector War. The Vector War is a yearly Vectrex game tournament; Vectrex players all over the world participate. This year's Vector War VI (VW6) lasts one week and will take place from 29th October till 5th November. Please note that 1st November is the Play Your Vectrex Day (PYVD).
Below, please find all details about the Vector War VI. If something shouldn't be clear, do not hesitate to ask here in this topic or send me a PM.
Please note that for qualifying only 6 out of 12 games need to be played. The first number in round braces is the threshold score (=minimum score), in addition some games have a maximum score.
1. Berzerk (3000)
2. Clean Sweep (5000)
3. Dark Tower (Game 1, 1500, maximum: Completed, other scores are recalculated to a maximum of 75%)
4. Hyperchase (125s)
5. Minestorm (15000, maximum: 150000)
6. Polar Rescue (Game 1, 10000)
7. Star Castle (7500, maximum: 75000)
1. N.E.L.S. (100)
2. Shifted (Survival mode, 2000, maximum: 50000)
3. Star Fire Spirits (Medium, 1000)
4. Star Sling (Game 1, 200)
5. Vectrexagon (Easy, 45.0 s)
Info and Rules:
Begin of Contest: Saturday, 29. October 2016 00:00 Eastern Standard Time (EST, UTC-5)
End of Contest: Saturday, 05. November 2015 18:00 Eastern Standard Time (EST, UTC-5)
Current relevant time can be found here.
Qualification and Participation:
To qualify for the contest you must play and submit scores of 6 games of the above game list.
To submit a score:
- Check here what the current score code is.
- Play a game and try to achieve a score which is higher than the threshold score of the appropriate game. The threshold score of a game is the number in round braces in the above game list.
- Take a picture of your score including the current score code and the name of the game on-screen (if possible) and post it here:
a.) Upload your picture to a free file hoster, see topic Free file hosting.
b.) Click on the "Reply" button and place the link provided by the free file hoster. Please use the "Preview" and check your posting and the correct display of your highscore image. If everything is fine you click on "Create Post" button.
- You can submit an arbitrary number of scores per day. There's one exception; on the last day of the tournament you can submit scores for two games of your choice, only.
- If a game can be marathoned (i.e. played for more than one hour), players are asked to report this. Then, a maximum score will be set by the organizer to avoid endless playing.
- Once you are qualified, your overall rank will be calculated and kept up-to-date.
Whenever you take a photoproof of your highscore, make sure you include a small paper with the current score code in the photo. Only photoproofs with visible and correct score code will be valid. Score codes during the tournament, so make sure that you first lookup the current score code before playing and taking a photo.
- Games must be played on original hardware. This means original Vectrex console and Vectrex controller. If a player doesn't use an original Vectrex controller for some reason he/she should please indicate this when posting his/her first scores. Not allowed are paddles or sensitivity-adjustable controllers, autofire dongles, autofire joysticks, or the usage of several types of controllers.
- To make things simple, photoproofs are sufficient to submit a score. Players are trusted to play fair and without cheating (no autofire dongles, game cheats, manipulating source codes or screenshots, and so on).
1st to 3rd Winner: 1 x Vector War T-Shirt* plus 1 x Prize A to D below. 1st Winner chooses first, second winner second, and so on.
Random Prize: Prize A to D, depending on the choice of 1st to 3rd winner. Random Prize will be drawn amongst all qualified players except the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd winner.
Prize A: Vectrexagon First Edition donated by Andreas Gustafsson (SDW Developments)*
Prize B: Nox/Death Chase Boxed edition bundled with one Nox or Death Chase T-Shirt donated by Chris and Jim of Binary Star Software*
Prize C: Coupon for two games (max. $50) offered by Packrat Video Games*
Prize D: Coupon for one game (max. $25) offered by Packrat Video Games*
*Costs for International shipping are also covered.
Availability of Games:
For qualifying in Vector War VI you have to play 6 games listed in the game list above. It can be a bit of an advantage if you have more than 6 or even all 12 games at hand.
- All original GCE/MB titles can be found on various multicartridges (e.g. Sean Kelly 60-in-1, AC 72-in-1, Madtronix Multicartridge 72-in-1 Classic (M1) , ...). Also, all all GCE ROMs can be downloaded for free and written on a flashable cartridge like VecMulti
- N.E.L.S. is sold by Luchs Soft
- Vectrexagon is sold by Packrat Video Games
- Star Fire Spirits is part of Vecmania sold by Packrat Video Games. Star Fire Spirits is also included in the Sean Kelly Multi-Cart and the Madtronix Multicartridge Modern (M2)
- Shifted is sold by Revival Studios
- Star Sling is sold by Madtronix.
Easiest way to get most games played in Vector War VI is the Sean Kelly Multi-Cart, the VecMulti, or the two Madtronix multicartridges (M1+M2).