Vectrex Tournament: Vector War IV (21st Nov - 6th Dec 2014) Oct 15, 2014 15:58:33 GMT -5 VectorX, VECTREXER, and 7 more like this
Post by hcmffm on Oct 15, 2014 15:58:33 GMT -5
Vector War IV is over.
Score code valid till the end of tournament: TRON
Rob Maerz, well known in the Retro scene and initiator and organizer of Vector War I - III, agreed that the Vector War is held and organized by the Vectorgaming forum.
The Vector War is a yearly Vectrex game tournament; Vectrex players all over the world participate. This year's Vector War IV will take place from 21st November till 6th December.
Below, please find all details about the Vector War IV. If something shouldn't be clear, do not hesitate to ask here in this topic or send me a PM.
Please note that for qualifiying only 6 out of 12 games need to be played. The number in round braces is the threshold score.
1. Armor Attack (7.500)
2. Bedlam (5.000)
3. Clean Sweep (5.000)
4. Fortress of Narzod (3.000)
5. Rip Off (1.000)
6. Spike (5.000)
7. Star Hawk (15.000)
8. Tour de France (02:00 min)
9. Birds of Prey (5.000)
10. Protector (5.000)
11. V-Frogger (5.000)
12. Zantis (250)
Info and Rules:
Begin of Contest: 21. November 2014 00:00 Eastern Standard Time (EST, UTC-5)
End of Contest: 06. December 2014 24:00 Eastern Standard Time (EST, UTC-5)
Current relevant time can be found here.
Qualification and Participation:
To qualify for the contest you must play and submit scores of 6 games of the above game list.
To submit a score:
- Check here what the current score code is.
- Play a game and try to achieve a score which is higher than the threshold score of the appropriate game. The threshold score of a game is the number in round braces in the above game list.
- Take a picture of your score including the current score code and the name of the game on-screen (if possible) and post it here:
Click on the "Reply" button and use the "Add Attachment" button for uploading your highscore images. After uploading use the "Insert" button to insert the image into your reply.
- You can submit an arbitrary number of scores per day. There's one exception; on the last day of the tournament you can submit scores for two games of your choice, only.
- Times achieved in Tour De France are converted internally to scores with the following formula: Score = 1300-10*[time in seconds]. I.e. the faster you ride the higher your score. Please note that the score displayed in the spreadsheet is your time in seconds.
- Playing time per game is limited to 1 hour. If a game can be marathoned (i.e. played for more than one hour per game), a maximum score will be set by the organisator.
- Once you are qualified, your overall rank will be calculated and kept up-to-date.
Whenever you take a photoproof of your highscore, make sure you include a small paper with the current score code in the photo. Only photoproofs with visible and matching score code will be valid. Score codes may change from day to day, so make sure that you first lookup the current score code before taking a photo.
- Games must be played on original hardware. This means original Vectrex console and Vectrex controller. Autofire dongles or other equipment must not be used.
- Players are asked to play fair and must not use cheats. E.g. Spike has a known bug which allows for cheating.
1st Winner: Vector War T-Shirt + Coupon for two games (max. $50) offered by Packrat Video Games*
2nd Winner: Vector War T-Shirt + Shifted game (Revival Studios)*
3rd Winner: Vector War T-Shirt*
Random prize**: Coupon for 1 game (max. $25) offered by Packrat Video games*
*Costs for International shipping are also covered.
**Random prize will be drawn amongst all qualified players except the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd winner.
Availability of Games:
For qualifiying in Vector War IV you have to play 6 games listed in the game list above. It can be a bit of an advantage if you have more than 6 or even all 12 games at hand.
- All original GCE/MB titles can be found on various multicartridges (e.g. Sean Kelly, AC 32-in-1, Madtronix, ...)
- Birds of Prey and V-Frogger are available on most multicartridges (e.g. Sean Kelly, AC 32-in-1, Madtronix, ...)
- Zantis is available as binary via download. You will need a VecFlash or VecMulti for playing the binary on original hardware.
- Protector/YASI is sold by Packrat Video Games